OUT TODAY, Eureka Classics is extremely proud to present “Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain”. Featuring breathtaking art design, stunning cinematography, and ground-breaking special effects, this is one of the most important cinematic achievements in Hong Kong cinema, by the multi award-winning Chinese Director, Tsui Hark (Once Upon A Time In China, Detective Dee).
“Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain” birthed the modern-day special effects industry in Hong Kong, and influenced filmmakers around the world, including John Carpenter (who credited the film as the inspiration behind “Big Trouble in Little China”).
This supernatural fantasy-adventure is presented from a brand new 2K restoration making its worldwide debut on Blu-ray, as part of the Eureka Classics range, featuring a Limited Edition O-Card slipcase and Collector’s Booklet (First Print Run of 2000 units only).
EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Flips & Lightning!
EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Yuen Biao Takes the Reins in the Horse Escape!
Taking sanctuary in a cave within the ominous Zu Mountain, he becomes entangled in a battle with supernatural forces beyond his comprehension.
EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Rainbow Fight!
Blu-ray Special Features:
- Limited Edition O-CARD with new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 units]
- PLUS: A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film [2000 units]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a brand new 2K restoration
- Cantonese, and English soundtrack options and original monaural presentations
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Brand new and exclusive select scene audio commentary by critic and Asian cinema expert Tony Rayns
- Brand new and exclusive interview with Tsui Hark – a lengthy and in-depth interview with director Tsui Hark filmed in 2020 exclusively for this release
- Zu: Time Warrior [93 mins] – the export cut of the film produced for European theatres, featuring a wraparound segment with Yuen Biao as a modern-day college student who is transported, Wizard of Oz style, to 10th Century China
- Tsui Hark – episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show originally aired on British television in 1989
- Alternate opening credits, restored to their original Western presentation
- Archival Interview with Yien Biao [12 mins]
- Archival Interview with Mang Hoi [20 mins]
- Archival interview with Moon Lee [20 mins]
This release is the definitive MUST-HAVE edition for all fans of martial arts wuxia classics and Asian cinema!
Lucky Kung Fu Kingdom readers can get their copy for FREE courtesy of our friends at Eureka Entertainment, BUT DO HURRY, COMPETITION ENDS SUNDAY 3RD MAY 2020!
All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is “LIKE” the KUNG FU KINGDOM FACEBOOK PAGE, “SHARE” the ZU WARRIORS COMPETITION POST and WRITE IN THE POST’S COMMENTS section, your answer to the following simple question:
Tsui Hark has written, produced and directed some of the most popular Hong Kong films of the modern era, but which series of films starring Jet Li as Wong Fei-hung is he responsible for?
Winners will be notified via Facebook message by 23:59 GMT/BST Monday 4th May 2020.
- UK entrants only.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person.
- Multiple and automated entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- Prize will be sent to winners via UK mainland post only.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition closes Sunday, 3rd May 2020.