Are you a fan of the movies “Fist of Fury” starring Bruce Lee, Legend of a Fighter starring Leung Kar-yan, Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen starring Donnie Yen, or “Fist of Legend” and “Fearless” starring Jet Li? Well, they all have one thing in common; they were all inspired by the real-life Chinese hero Huo Yuanjia and the Chin Woo martial arts school that he helped to establish!
Kung Fu Kingdom’s very own Glen Stanway is the author of Fearless The Story of Chin Woo Kung Fu and a Chin Woo instructor and practitioner himself, with a direct lineage back to the original Shanghai school. His fascinating book examines the legends and the facts behind one of the world’s largest martial arts organisations and its founder, Huo Yuanjia, known as “Fearless”. With insights into how the Chin Woo (Jing Wu, or Jing Wu Men) Association revolutionised martial arts at the turn of the twentieth century, it also explores martial arts icon Bruce Lee’s connection to Chin Woo, discusses the fundamental kung fu forms and weapons of the Chin Woo style and highlights Chin Woo’s influence on popular martial arts movies and Hollywood blockbusters “The Matrix” and “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace”. Illustrated with over one hundred photos, the reader is taken on a fascinating journey from Qing dynasty China to the present day and beyond.
The book is available worldwide in paperback from Amazon and Lulu and also text-only on Kindle, but fans, you can win your very own paperback copy, signed personally to you by the author! We will also throw in one of our cool Kung Fu Kingdom T-shirts (check out our Hall of Fame) and a Limited Edition exclusive cup!
All you need to do to enter is answer the following simple question:
Jet Li played the famous martial arts master Huo Yuanjia in which film? Is it:
Reply in the comments section below this post or on Facebook and we’ll email you if you are selected as a winner -it’s as simple as that! Don’t forget to ‘Like’ Kung Fu Kingdom’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and subscribe to us on YouTube. Good luck!
- International entrants welcome.
- Must be 18 years or over.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person.
- Website and Facebook entries only will count.
- Multiple and automated entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- T-shirts are available in small, medium, large, x-large sizes only.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition runs from today, 6th September 2017 and closes 20th September 2017.