WHEELS ON MEALS is an action-comedy tour de force starring three of Hong Kong’s biggest martial arts stars, JACKIE CHAN, SAMMO HUNG and YUEN BIAO! OUT NOW on Blu-ray this all-time classic is available to order from:
The masters of restored re-releases, Eureka Entertainment have added “WHEELS ON MEALS” to their increasingly impressive catalogue of martial arts action classics! A spectacular, non-stop action comedy starring Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao, “Wheels on Meals” is presented from a brand new 2K restoration for the first time ever on Blu-ray in the UK as part of the Eureka Classics range on 18th March 2019. Available with a Limited Edition slipcase and booklet [4000 copies only].
Perhaps the greatest martial-arts comedy of all time, Sammo Hung’s “Wheels on Meals”, stars Hung, Jackie Chan, and Yuen Biao as the most exciting triple act in action movie history! Fast-food chefs Thomas (Chan) and David (Biao) find themselves cooking up trouble when detective Moby (Hung) involves them in the case of a missing heiress. The three friends need all of their daring and physical dexterity when they end up in hot water facing a triple serving of danger.
Also starring Lola Forner (Armour of God) and Benny “The Jet” Urquidez (Dragons Forever), who faces off against Chan in an incredible fight sequence that is legendary amongst martial-arts film fans, “Wheels on Meals” has to be seen to be believed.
Blu-ray Special Features
- Limited edition slipcase [4000 copies ONLY]
- Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
- Optional English subtitles
- Original Cantonese audio track, available in both original mono (LPCM) and newly restored DTS-HD MA 5.1
- Optional English audio from the film’s international release, featuring an alternate (and much funkier) soundtrack, available in both original mono and 5.1
- Alternate English dub track from the film’s 2006 DVD release (available in 5.1 only)
- New and Exclusive audio option – a custom audio option featuring the original Cantonese dialogue track, but mixed with the alternate soundtrack from the international release
- On Giant’s Shoulders – An archival interview with Sammo Hung [7 mins]
- An additional archival interview with Sammo Hung [10 mins]
- Born to Fight – An archival interview with Yuen Biao [15 mins]
- Jet Fighter – An archival interview with kickboxing champion and martial-artist Benny “The Jet” Urquidez [28 mins]
- King of the Ring – An archival interview with martial-artist Keith Vitali [33 mins]
- The Inside Track – An archival interview with director and action choreographer Stanley Tong [34 mins]
- Spartan X Alternate Credits – The original Japanese version of Wheels on Meals featured these alternate “blooper reel” credits which would later become a traditional feature of films starring Jackie Chan (can be viewed isolated or as part of the main feature)
- Additional Outtake footage [4 mins]
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- International Release Trailer
- Original Japanese “Spartan X” trailer
- PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet featuring new essays by James Oliver and Scott Harrison [4000 copies ONLY]
This release is an ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE for all martial arts and action movie fanatics!
Kung Fu Kingdom readers can win their FREE copy courtesy of our friends at Eureka Entertainment but DO HURRY, COMPETITION ENDS SOON ON SUNDAY 7THAPRIL 2019!
All you need to do to enter is “LIKE” the KUNG FU KINGDOM FACEBOOK PAGE, “SHARE” the “WHEELS ON MEALS” BLU-RAY COMPETITION POST, and WRITE in the “WHEELS ON MEALS” BLU-RAY COMPETITION POST COMMENTS your answer to the following EASY question:
Jackie Chan fought real-life kickboxing champion Benny Urquidez in their famous climactic fight. What is Benny’s nickname?
- THE JET
- THE DRAGON
- THE ROCKET
Winners will be notified via Facebook message by 23:59GMT/BST Monday 8th April 2019.
- UK entrants only
- Entrants must be 18 years or over
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person
- Multiple and automated entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- Prize will be sent to winners via UK Mainland post only.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Competition closes Sunday 7th April 2019