Two of the finest action films ever made Police Story & Police Story 2, from cinema’s reigning martial arts king, Jackie Chan are available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK today. The masters of restored re-releases, Eureka Entertainment, have an extra special treat for Jackie Chan fans with their Limited (3000 copies) Edition Box Set, which you can also order from Amazon.
Two of Jackie Chan’s most iconic films explode onto Blu-ray from incredible new 4K restorations. Featuring some of the most dangerous stunts ever performed on camera, Police Story and Police Story 2 are a dazzling blend of gritty action cop drama and impeccably choreographed martial-arts sequences that revitalised the Hong Kong action genre and established Jackie Chan as a worldwide superstar.
Police Story – considered by Jackie himself to be his best film in terms of pure action, Police Story stars Chan as “super cop” Chan Ka-Kui, who goes up against a notorious crime lord in a series of escalating set-pieces that resulted in many of Jackie’s stunt team being hospitalised.
Police Story 2 – Demoted to traffic cop after the events of the first film, Chan Ka-Kui is reinstated to the detective unit when a deadly gang of explosive experts blow up a building and threaten to blow up more if their demands are not met. Featuring yet more bravura stunt work, and even more injuries to its cast and crew, Police Story 2 is still, to this day considered one of the best action films ever made.
Packed with extra content, the Blu-ray special features:
- 1080p presentations of both films, sourced from immaculate 4K restorations including Police Story 2 in its full 2 hour version for the first time ever in the UK
- Original Cantonese mono audio track for Police Story
- Restored Cantonese 5.1 audio presentations for both films
- Optional English audio tracks
- Optional Mandarin audio tracks
- Optional English subtitles
- The Police Force version of the first film, originally re-edited for the US video market and featuring its own electronic score by Kevin Bassinson
- Police Story – Deleted and extended scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
- Police Story 2 – Outtakes
- Jackie Chan (40 mins) – A documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show
- Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
- Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
- Jackie Chan stunts promotional trailer
- Box set exclusive – Collector’s booklets for each film, featuring new essays and archival content
This release is simply a must-have edition for all martial arts movie fans!
THREE lucky Kung Fu Kingdom readers can get their copy for FREE courtesy of our friends at Eureka Entertainment. BUT DO HURRY, COMPETITION ENDS SUNDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 2018!
All you need to do for your chance to win is “LIKE” the KUNG FU KINGDOM FACEBOOK PAGE, “SHARE” the POLICE STORY BLU-RAY COMPETITION POST, and WRITE IN THE POST’S COMMENTS section, your answer to the following simple question:
In the films “Police Story” and “Police Story 2”, hero Chan Ka-Kui was played by which action star? Was it:
- DONNIE YEN
- JET LI
- JACKIE CHAN
Winners will be notified via Facebook message by 23:59GMT/BST Monday 10th September 2018.
- UK entrants only.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person.
- Multiple and automated entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via Facebook.
- Prize will be sent to winners via UK mainland post only.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition closes Sunday 9th September 2018.
What other martial artsy exclusives would you love to win as a prize? Let us know in the comments below; Like, share and join in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. (Get yourself into a whole world of FU-flix and more!)