The Shanghai 13 is an all-star Hong Kong extravaganza about patriots vs. traitors in 1930s Shanghai featuring Shaw Brothers veterans David Chiang and Ti Lung, and superstar Andy Lau (Infernal Affairs); from the director of Five Deadly Venoms and One Armed Swordsman.
During the Sino-Japanese war, a Chinese patriot steals damning evidence that exposes traitorous intentions within the government. Planning to take the evidence from Shanghai to Hong Kong and make it public, he becomes an assassination target. In order to ensure safe passage, he employs an elite ensemble of fighters, The Shanghai Thirteen, to protect him on his treacherous mission. With formidable obstacles ahead and relentless pursuers behind, their only chance is to stand and fight!
It hits the UK streets tomorrow!
Here’s the DVD spec:
- Release date: 09 February 2015
- Genre: Martial Arts
- Certificate: 15
- Country: Hong Kong
- Year: 1984
- Languages: English dubbed, Cantonese with English subtitles
- Running time: 85 min approx
- Special Features: original cast interviews with Lu Feng and Sonny Yu
- Original title: Shang Hai tan: Shi san tai bao
Order yours from Amazon today!